Sunday, January 3, 2010

Weekend Market

Hello Friendfolk,
Here are pictures from my adventure today.


Here is the stuff I bought today at the "Weekend Market". Its only open on weekends as I suppose you guessed. It is this massive market with stalls everywhere that sell SUPER cheap things - anything you could ever imagine! One spot was selling jewelery, clothes, art, vases, bunnies, fresh fruit, towels, leather. It was alot of fun! It was sooo massive I got lost - but that didnt matter Because I was so happy with all the cheap stuff! And you can bargain here in Thailand!! You have to since 1) Thai's raise the prices since I am a foreigner and 2) always say half of what the price they offer if not lower! So yes, want to know how much monday I spent today? I sure do:

Orange Skirt: 200 Baht = $6.67 (I got ripped off for sure)
Two Face towels: 2 for 35 Baht = $1.17
Green Purse: 150 Baht = $5
Lotus flower Burner: 75 Baht = $2.5
Incence for Burner: 30 Baht = $1
Flower Lights: 130 Baht = $4.33
Green flower Comforter: 200 Baht = $6.67

For a Grand Total of: 620 Baht = $27.33

And thats me getting ripped off majorly cause I didnt bargain too much. haha I'll have to hone those skills before my next market adventure.

Ps. I neededa comforter for comfort sake - Im used to one so I needed one. haah and also I have air con in my room that MUST be on at all times since its so humid otherwise. So its just more cozy!

This is some giant thing over a bridge. Decoration. But is was pretty. and pretty massive.


This is some yummy fresh fresh fresh Pineapple that I bought at the 'Weekend Market" today.

This is a view down the centre of my apartment building. I live in room 817! Top floor other than the roof where we can have parties! The whole centre is empty as you can see - which is pretty neat because then we can talk to anybody from any floor without having to go down! haha Lazy sure but very convenient!!




Pretty Palm looking trees on the side of the road. Thought I would take a picture. no reason. ahah Show you what I see all the time.
And then we went to another apartment that others are staying at to use the pool - it was SOOOO refreshing! I can say it was the ONLY time since Ive arrived that I actually felt cooled down!!! soooo lovely!!
I came home and everybody was going to this thing called the Pong Show - I was going to go but decided at around 8PM that I was SOOO exhausted I was better off staying home and getting a good, thorough, nights sleep. And I did. But why did I decide against the Pong show- a Pong show is a strip club where the girls shoot ping pong balls OUT of their vajayjay's. Yeahhh...would of been a funny story....but I think I would of been a little scarred for life. haha. Sleep was the better option for me last night.
There is big confusion around the Amarin (the place I live) because nobody knows if school starts today or tomorrow. Either or - I am fine since I dont have classes on Monday anyways. haha BUT I think I might go to Uni with them all just to see where it is! Since I havent gone to visit it yet!!

This is a quick video of the market today. You cant see too much I realize now - but you get a crazy smile from me at the end! Yay.

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome so many people!

    -Tyler

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK so reading your blog... I'm so excited right now that I'm ready to start crying from the excitement! ahaha
    I'm so impressed with everything! food looked awesome and shopping sounds so much fun (even though I dont like shopping, but I think I just began to love it haha)
    and the way you write is very interesting! I should fist calm down and only then continue reading... haha overwhelmed with my emotions lol
    Nadya

    ReplyDelete