Monday, January 11, 2010

Rick Mercer, these are for you

Thus far, a few of the Canadians and myself have encountered some VERY hilarious comments about Canada- here are a few:

Texan: "So Canada is a third world country right?"

We were talking about how much it cost in dollars and they said "Oh, you use the american dollar, shouldn't you have your own currency?"

after I told somebody I lived in Ottawa, Ontario they replied
Californian: "Oh I've been there, it is in B.C."
Me: "no It is in Ontario"
Californian: "No, it is in Vancouver, I visit there all the time"
I suppose I was incorrect the whole time, who knew the Capital of Canada was in B.C. and that an American would be the one to correct me....thank goodness their education system is working for them. haha.

I stated I was born in Northern Ontario they reply "Oh, so you live near eskimo's then, how are they?"

So far, that is all I have heard about - Just thought I would share so you could experience the great knowledge our neighbours to the South have about their largest trading partner. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment