Saturday, January 16, 2010

randomness

Hey Friendfolk,
I have been out and about doing random things these past few days. So here are some pictures to catch you up! :)
This is a photo of something on campus. It says " October 14th, 1973" completed and opened on October 14th, 2001. Students and citizens uprising againsted the dictatorial regime turned a new page of Thailand's political history at "Lan Poh", Thammasat University. Consequently, the constitution was restored and democracy bloomed to its fullest, along with the development of social culture."
Yay for Thammasat!! This is Jackie (Wisconsin), me, and Becky (California). Dressed in Uniform for school. Aren't we Purdddyyy. haha
This is part of the Grand Palace. We went to go inside, and as a Thammasat Student we get free entry, but we only have temporary identification currently so they would not allow us in. So I have have this picture. WHen they let me in I shall video tape the splendor!!
So this is death by Thailand spices. haha. Top Left is Curry powders, Top right is curry and red chili peppers (death), bottom left is red and green chili peppers (spicy but managable after a few tears), and bottom right is Sugar! Thais like it sweet and spicy all in one! :) I hate spices, Im a bland person, but surprisingly after only 2.5 weeks here I am learning to enjoy more spices - by no means to the Thai standard, but I throw on some curry and pepper juice now (never the peppers cause I cried last time I did that haha). Hopefully by the end of this trip I can handle anything!! hahah

I went to the Market again today and bought more stuff! yay me!! :) So lets see what I bought!!
Orange day pack - 200 Baht = $6.67
Red Travel Pack - 700 Baht = $23.3
Two Towels - 300 Baht = $10
Socks - 5 pair for 100 Baht = $3
Watermelon Rug - 150 Baht = $5
Colourful Purse - 300 Baht = $10
This is for Jeannie! haha These are salt and pepper shakers of two cows that hug!!! :D they come apart but then they sit on the table hugging!! Aww!! and I love Jeannie even more now that she is visiting me in Thailand in May-June!!!!!!!!!!!! :D YAY MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so super excited now!!!
Last night it was Fredrik's 23rd birthday so we all went out!! Here is a bar called Naz that we went to!! This is Emily (Ottawa), Geoff (Ottawa), and Becky (California). We waited and waited to get in but it was one huge debacle so then we switched clubs. haha :D but still a lot of fun!
This is on campus. Pretty things i can look at.
This is more things on campus. Just from a different angle. It is the side of campus I wont be on much. it is the Graduate Law school.
So I went shopping to this GINORMOUS mall called MBK - I think it means Mall Bangkok. So I bought these 3 dresses!! Since most places in Thailand only make clothes for tiny Asian people and I am not a tiny Asian person. So MBK makes normal sized clothing sooo I bought these!!! Very Fun!!! :D I love to shop shop shop!!! Each of these dresses cost me 300 Baht = 9$. Oh Thailand.....what a fantastic country!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment