Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Thai Massage

So I went for a traditional Thai massage last night. Boy....it was faaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic. A girl from France, Maya, took us - she has been in Thailand since September so she knows the ropes. She took us to this little place across town for a 1 hour long massage that costs only 100 Baht = $3. When we got there the place tooked kinda dingy from the outside but the inside was great - elephant stuffys everywhere and bright orange, dark lighting, pretty smells, and soft music. So we got these beds on the floor but we had to change into these pajama things - the pants were extremely large and did not have draw strings so you had to tie the pants in bundles with the strings attached. strange. haha. you lay down on the mat and you just relax for an hour. they washed my feet and then started massaging my feeet and legs. at first two of the guys i was with were next to me and they got their massages started before I did so I was just watching while I waited....but then It got somewhat awkward because they end up with their hands just next to your groin and put pressure there. it feels great but was awkward to watch as others had it done to them. hahah. So then yeah they did all these stretches with my body and massaging - different than home its hard to explain. But at one point I was sitting cross legged with my hands behind my head like I was being arrested and the massager had her arms between mine, she then twisted me sideways and back....and omg....it was the best back crack I have ever experienced!! It started at my lower back and went straight up - every single vertibre felt like heaven!! hahaha.

Then we went to this vietnamese restaurant for dindin where there was a live show. And I cant describe it so here are videos for your viewing pleasure!! haha :D


No comments:

Post a Comment