Monday, January 11, 2010

School Schedule

My Thammasat University Schedule:

Hotel Management: Monday 1-4PM
Thai Economy: Monday 5-8PM
Marketing Managment: Tuesday 2-5PM
Seminar in Marketing: Wednesday 9:30-12:30PM (But I only have to meet at 11:30 for 20 minutes each week)
International Economics: Wednesday 1-4PM

And by listing these times, I am showing you when my class supposedly starts....but they run on Thai Time here....which means nobody shows up, including the professor, until about 15minutes to 1 hour after class starts. and They continue to show up all throughout the class. The Thai students talk in class, use cellphones in class, and generally don't pay much attention. A VERY different classroom orientation than I am accustomed to for sure! But I think I could get used to this Thai Time thing.....take life easy....slow down....enjoy the ride a little.
This is one of my classrooms....15 minutes after class has started....haha.....no professor....no students....just a bunch of exchange students who have not yet grasped the Thai Time concept.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment