Friday, May 13, 2011

Leadership Develop Seminar 2011 - Day 1

Yoooooooooooooooooooo!!

So the LDS 2011 Conference in Buenos Aires has officially begun!

Woke early this morning and headed to the hotel which is in the country side. Made some doggy friends outside the hotel - I love dogs. They needed a mention.

We had a great presentation by ClickOn.com.ar about Leadership and Time Management. I really liked it - AND bonus - the presentation was in English.

Wait - did I forget to mention - this entire conference is in Spanish? See - I do appreciate this fact - but it will be MUCH more useful in a month from now when I understand more Spanish - cause right now all I hear is every 50th word - not useful for comprehension and participation. So I find myself daydreaming a lot.

BUT there are lots of dances and I can do those! And Ive had the opportunity to talk to a fair few people and I enjoy meeting them very much. It excites me for my year here :)

I do feel left out at times - but I know it is not anybodies fault but my own - I should of tried a lot harder to learn more Spanish prior to arrival. But - its ok - Gives me time to reflect on my ambitions and the challenges I have set for myself. I dont feel lost - I feel I can be successful - I just need to stay focused and really let everybody around me know I appreciate all their work accommodating me by speaking English, which might be hard for them, while I learn Spanish!

But I need to rush - its sum up the day time and then PARRTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYY

No comments:

Post a Comment