Sunday, May 15, 2011

LDS 2011 - Day 2

Busy busy busy busy BUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSy

Woke up to the LOVVVVVVVVVVVVELY sounds of fog horns blasting to tell everybody to get up. Aint that a nice alarm eh?!?!?! haha And EVERYBODY, Including me, were just exhausted. The party the night before was amazing! Just danced and danced. I didnt drink too heavily as others did, but I had a blast. Turns out Im not as bad a dancer as I though! haha People taught me to samba! :) YAYYYY! haha And funniest part about Southern Cone AIESEC....They have something called the "kissing competition" - You have to kiss as many people as possible and take pictures and whomever kisses the most wins.....delegates are worth 100 points or something but MC - aka me and my new teammates - are worth 1000 Points. hahah This, made the night very entertaining for me. I was generous and gave out about 15 kisses. But I dont think they win....They each only got 1000 points....But I got 15,000 Points total. Cant beat me Im the gingerbread mean!!! :D hahah

During the day I only had one session to run - on Overcoming Gaps: Strengthening your Plan. It went over well - I ran the session in English - clearly - and I hope that everybody got the message that I was trying to transmit. They did their work in Spanish which is perfect, cause I want THEM to grasp the concept - not feel the need to work in English to include me - that isnt the point of my session. So Lais, my boss, helped with running the sharing portion since they all shared in Spanish. A few people came up and said the session was great - I really appreciate that feedback. I really want to be successful here - even with my current handicap of being Uni-lingual. haha.

Soooo since I only had one session - I was lucky enough to be able to sleep a lot of the day. So I went to my room and napped - I woke up - and 3 other members of my team were there napping - apparently we all had the same idea! haha :)

OH OH OH OH so one thing here - They have a food called Duche de Leche. It is like a think caramel sauce. They eat this sauce with EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGG! hahah Snacks, dinner, dessert. It is FABULOUS! as well alll know I'm a HUGEEEE Sugar fan! :D

Another thing about Southern Cone, everybody is really really warm and close. They are always touching, leaning on eachother, they give kisses when they see people, just very close. So I've felt very loved so far! My teammates are really amazing, and they are being really really kind to me with speaking English and including me. So I am very happy here so far! :D haha I hope things continue this way - but perhaps a little more Spanish on my part!! :D

Party last night wasnt as uppity.....oh ps. The parties dont START until past midnight. like the pre-drink starts at 1AM....haha Its very different...cause 10PM is my bed time...but I stayed up, but it wasnt that busy, I guess everybody was exhausted from the day and the night before, so there werent as many people. So at about 1:30 I went to sleep. So thankful cause today is a long day again - and I have 2 sessions today; Financial Management and Crisis Management :) Perfecto!

Adios Amigos!

PS. Funny fact about one of my teammates - she studied in the USA, and she took an English class - so shakespeare - and they did a play - but because its not "english" like we speak - she played the part of the butterfly....who was silent. :D haha Had to share - its cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment