Thursday, May 12, 2011

Arrival and Work Work Work

I have arrived!!! :D

Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllo Buenos Aires!!

I got off the airplane. I was well rested cause it is only 1 hour ahead here and I got about a 12 hour sleep on the plane (thank you GRAVEL) haha! Lais, my MCP, or boss for non-AIESEC'ers, was there with a Welcome sign!! :D Very very great to FINALLY meet here after months of speaking virtually and planning for my arrival! :D I gave Lais a Stuffed Moose in a Mountie outfit as a yay Canada gift :D haha

We came straight to my new office with ALL of my 50KG of luggage....yes I brought 50KG of clothes....Im cool eh???

The ENTIRE conference team was mid-meeting! So I joined in! And to distract them from me butting in mid-meeting I handed out Maple Creme Cookies! YUMMMMMMMMMMM!!! Then I got straight to work....We worked late into the night. Finally went to my new apartment where LOTS of people are staying currently.

Lais, Olivia, Oscar, and I, half of my new team, who are in BA (Buenos Aires) currently, had a "feelings" talk - and as we know, I am not much of a "feelings" person - so I struggled but it was nice to have private time with them to start creating our team dynamics!! :) I think it is a great start to a new amazing year!!

This morning I woke up early....7AM here...6AM EST....worked for about 1 hour but because nobody else was really up, I went back to bed....I realized Jetlag was hitting me so I got in 2 more hours of sleep. Yayyy....It should only take me a day or two more to be adjusted.

Today we are again preparing for the conference - LDS - Leadership Development Seminar - and I am SUUUUUUPER (what up Rochelle) excited to meet everybody in the region to start the year off Right! I completed all of my trainings (powerpoints) last week before my conference in Canada, but upon arrival yesterday I was informed that I would need to also create the trainings for the External Relations track since the person in charge has quit the conference team. Sooo Lots of work to complete in one day! But I KNOW I can I KNOW I can!! :D

Well I should go and work! I will update again soon on how to conference is going! It will be a LONG 4 days of excitement, learning, meeting, and drinking!!

Adios!!

No comments:

Post a Comment