Thursday, March 18, 2010

Arrival: Taipei, Taiwan!

Howdy Friendfolk!

I have safety arrived in Taipai after a 4 hour flight, 1 hour forward clock switch-a-roo, and a 15 degrees drop in temperature!! :| it is only 20 degrees here - I am dying its so cold! haha. Why do I always choose to travel to the cold countries! silly me!

But yeah arrive and then took a bus then a subway and then met up with Ken, my couchsurfing host! hes from Taiwan but grew up in Oklahoma, and his 4 other roommates are americans from arizona and michigan! they are all going to school here!

So tonight Ken asked if I wanted to go to kickboxing with him- I said sure why not! haha So we went to this beautiful area with temples and a pavillion and it is a Danish guy named Anders who hosts this kickboxing class on Tues/Thurs every week. its basically just all Foreigners who go and do kickboxing in the middle of this area. It was really fun but also a hard workout! hahaha Im lazzzzzy!! :D

Then afterwards Ken took me to a night market around his house and we just wandered and drank milk tea - its kind of like bubble tea cause it had tapioca beads on the bottom - but more milky! but it was supppper delicious!!

Tomorrow I am going to wander Taipei unattended in search of Temples and pretty things!! Wish me luck :D

Cheerio Folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment