Sunday, July 10, 2011

Montevideo, Uruguay!

Hola Chicos!

So! In order to enter Argentina originally I had to purchase a ticket out of the country. Funny way of working things. but I bought a ticket to Montevideo, Uruguay, and last weekend I went!

Montevideo is a beautiful place! Its a huge city with over 1 Million people, but the architecture is beautiful, and the city is quieter with super friendly people!

I stayed at a friend, Fabian's, place with his mother and sister and the 2 CUTEST siemese cats :D his mother didnt speak much English and my Spanish is still pitiful, so it was very entertaining to speak with each other and truly practice my Spanish. :) His family was simply lovely. :) And his cats would come and sleep under the covers with me and cuddle! So adorable!

Various AIESECers took me around the city every day! Sight seeing everything in the city from the waterfront to the cafes :) I loved it - and I cant wait to go back! But I have my next ticket booked for Sept 30th (Visa renewal) but because I cant wait to return! :)

Only problem with Montevideo in July? its really cold when you dont have the proper attire! haha I need to purchase a pair of mittens! Its getting cold in the southern hemisphere! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment