Friday, June 17, 2011

The Pressure Is On

Hola Chicos!

So, work officially started on Wednesday June 15th 2011. And I already feel the pressure. What I didn't know before I came here: The region is financially unsustainable; aka we are flat broke. Literally, we can pay the basics of housing and salaries to all of my team for only 1 month. This is assuming we do nothing. So turns out - I have to do everything. Of course I set my goals high and want to create many new large scale partnerships with companies here including: KPMG, Deloitte, Artemisia, Tata Consultancy Services, InBev ect..... But - Now, if I don't success immediately, We don't be paid. This is not ok. I should of been warned of this situation because as hard as I want to work, my work depends on the decisions on businesses and although I am convincing, realistically, I will not achieve everything I set out to do. So - the pressure is on. My whole team is looking at me and my counterpart Cristian, to work our butts off and bring in loads of money immediately. Yeah, not as nice as I would of liked it. Creating partnerships wouldnt be so bad, except to add on to the difficulty of selling, is the fact that we have Visa issues here in Argentina, thus making our international internship program MUCH more difficult to sell.....sooo....Although I am excited to be here, I am feeling disappointed with the situation and not being forewarned so I could make a FULL decision with that information included.....

But, Pressures on - its time to SELL! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment