Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Japan is Beautiful!

So Japan is a beautiful country. The scenery, the people, the food! Everything is amazing here. :)

I went for 10 days from Friday April 9th til Mon April 19th. :) I stayed at friends houses for the entire time I was in Japan.

My travels were
9/10/11 - Tokyo
12/13/14 - Kyoto
15 - Nara
16 - Osaka
17/18/19 - Tokyo again.

I went to Japan to experience the Cherry Blossom (Sakura) session. These trees only blossom for about 1-2 weeks out of the entire year. So for me to be able to make it to Japan to see them was phenomenal! They were amazingly beautiful and they were EVERYWHERE! There are alot of different types of Sakura, and I have pictures of about 5 different kinds. My AIESEC friends Keita, Aki, Ayo, Kana, Kazu, and Shota all showed me around in their cities and showed me Japanese lifestyle. I ate meals with their families, slept in their homes, and I couldnt be more greatful to them for giving me that opportunity to experience 'life' in Japan! :)

I even went out and got fitted and purchased a Kimono while in Kyoto, which is the Kimono capital and a city where traditional Japanese culture is kept alive and well; with geisha's and lots of girls in Kimonos. It was fantastic to see!

Ps. Japanese food is to DIE for! Sushi, Udon, and Japanese Pancakes! mm Mm!!! :) If I lived there I would get so fat! haha but certainly I would be HAPPY!

Cheers Folks!










No comments:

Post a Comment